- What does Dana mean?
- Dāna is a Sanskrit and Pali word meaning giving. Sometimes it is also referred to as the practice of cultivating generosity. OmmWriter was originally conceived as an internal tool within our agency. After having created something so valuable, we figured that OmmWriter was just too good to keep to ourselves. Hence the name OmmWriter Dāna.
- WHAT IS NEW IN OMMWRITER DANA?
- Very little. Fortunately. Most changes are too subtle to be noticed or to write home about. But they add to the overall ease of the OmmWriter experience. Some that you may notice are:
- Monospace font support.
- Larger text size option to improve accessibility and for visually-challenged users.
- Access to Menu bar from within OmmWriter by scrolling to top of screen.
- Ability to create a new file using the file menu or with command + N.
- Compatible with spaces.
- Dual screen support that blanks out the second screen when in use.
- Ability to return to the original text box size (in view menu).
- New file formats to save to: .pdf.
- Improved user experience with horizontal cursor.
- WHY ARE THERE TWO VERSIONS OF OMMWRITER DANA AND WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OMMWRITER DANA I AND DANA II?
- OmmWriter Dāna has two versions. Dāna I is available for free and Dāna II is a paid version.
However, ALL the new features mentioned above are available in BOTH versions and hence available to everybody regardless of price. The difference is in the audio-visual experiences provided. OmmWriter Dāna I comes with a basic set of 3 audio and 3 visual experiences.
OmmWriter Dāna II contains the full set of 7 audio and 8 visual experiences, which may be of interest to some of you. We are very proud of the new selection of sounds and images and hope you like them too.
- I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE NEW AUDIO AND VISUAL EXPERIENCES
- The careful selection of the audio and visual backgrounds is critical to the overall OmmWriter experience. The new visual backgrounds include a carefully selected set of images and photographs. In addition, we have worked closely together with a Color therapy expert to help us include two new visual chromatherapy backgrounds (visual #7 and # 8). These backgrounds employ dynamically changing color techniques to subconsciously promote tranquility (#7) as well as to stimulate creativity (#8). Visual experience #5 is intended to stimulate writer creativity through the use of subliminal inspirational text that changes with every session.
We are also pleased to include new audio experiences with OmmWriter Dana, some of which have been designed to reproduce background sounds that promote concentration. Track #6 reproduces the sounds typically heard in a library. Track #7 tries to simulate the sounds that an unborn child would hear inside the mother's womb.
- WHICH VERSION DO YOU RECOMMEND I DOWNLOAD AND WHY?
- If you are new to OmmWriter, we recommend Dana I. All new features are available in both versions.
We have spent a considerable amount of research time and effort in the audio-visual experience to promote creativity and enhance creativity. Dana II is the fruit of this investigation with new dynamic backgrounds employing chromatherapy techniques as well as new sound effects.
- WHY DO YOU CHARGE FOR OMMWRITER DANA II
- To recover costs to date and to guarantee future development of the OmmWriter project.
They tell us that software pricing is a science. We, instead, decided to follow our gut. OmmWriter Dana II has no set price. We let you decide, based on what you get out of OmmWriter. As a result, we have set a low minimum price of $ 4.11 which you can keep or you can change.
They also tell us that monetary gifts ending with a 1 are considered auspicious in certain cultures. As a result we would love for the the final figure you pay to end with a "1" (for example, $ 4.11 or $ 5.51 or $ 11).
- CAN I IMPORT MY OWN IMAGES AND SOUNDS TO OMMWRITER DANA?
- We have given this a lot of thought. We finally decided against it. We felt that the best way of preserving Ommwriter's essence and personality was to carefully hand-pick every audio and visual experience that you are exposed to.
- WHY DONíT YOU IMPLEMENT MORE FORMATTING FEATURES?
- The beauty of OmmWriter lies in its simplicity. It is not intended to replace your existing text processor. Although it is very tempting to add new features, feature-creep can also be dangerous.
- WHY DO YOU HAVE A HORIZONTAL CURSOR?
- During the OmmWriter design process we found that, as a vertical line, the cursor visually translated into a kind of wall or stopping point at the end of your line of text. A horizontal cursor on the other hand acts to open up your text, giving the words more space to appear on the page. We also feel that the small horizontal cursor is less distracting than a vertical blinking line.
We have made some changes to the cursor in OmmWriter Dana and it now adjusts to the size of the letter that it is marking, improving its overall legibility.
- WHY HAVE YOU REMOVED SOME OF THE OLD SOUNDS?
- The Beta version allowed us to experiment with different sound effects. Some of them worked really well, others not at all. As a result we decided to delete some, replace others and try new ones.
- WHAT ARE MY SAVING OPTIONS?
- OmmWriter Dana gives you the option to save as basic .omm or .txt files for works in progress. In addition you can now also save in .pdf for printing.
- CAN I PRINT FROM OMMWRITER?
- OmmWriter Dana does not support printing. However, you can now save files to the printer-friendly .pdf format. Alternatively, you can always copy and paste your text to your favorite text-editor or word-processor.
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE .OMM AND .TXT FILE FORMAT?
- Both files are the same. The only difference is the file extension.
- WHERE CAN I FIND OUT THE LATEST NEWS AND INFO ABOUT OMMWRITER?
- As we are not fans of email (except to inform you of critical issues or new versions), we recommend you join the OmmWriter groups in either Facebook, Twitter or check out the OmmWriter blog.
- I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY DOWNLOAD LINK OR LICENCE KEY EMAILS
- The emails are part of an automated process. They should be sent to you shortly after you buy the writer. In some rare cases they fail to send correctly. If you are missing one or both of the emails, please check your junk mail forlder first. If you are still missing the email(s), contact us through the contact form on our website. The form allows you to select quickly all the information we need to help you. If you want to write us directly from your email account, send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 1) your full name, 2) the email address you listed when you bought the writer, 3) the hardware you use: Mac, PC or iPad, and 4) your OmmWriter version: Dana I or Dana II. If you are an iPad user, we need point 1 through 3 only. If you write us directly, please include all this information so that we can help you quickly.